Friday, February 8, 2013

Thursday

The nicest day yet here in Paradise. The Lion coffee is the perfect start to each new dawn:) yes and doves and roosters. Today a tired cock a doodle and hens cackling cracked me up!
We are spending the morning at the Waioli Mission Home in Hanalei where the Wilcox family served as missionaries nearly two hundred years ago. A fascinating tour!
Then on to Hanalei Bay for a sunburn and a little reading, Eat to Live!
Can't get the yellow swimsuit out of my mind, owing in part to the fact that i'm in such good shape. I am toi frugal to buy it though. I need to go back and try in on ( again) and we do;)
The Hanalei Dolphin gets our business they make a great bowl of greens and mung sprouts. I toy with adding Ahi, but choose the vegan guacamole as my dressing, in keeping it plant based and nutrient dense.
We swing by our timeshare and move onto Anini Beach fir the afternoon of shelling and dozing.
I make a green salad to go with the puzza Dan buys at Hanalei Pizza. The crust is a mix of flax, hemp and coconut fours and is it Good; half Margarita and half Veg Head! At eight we are eager to start our movie so we settle in front of the TV set.
Beasts of the Southern Wilds is a film about a six year old named Hush Puppy and her hopeless existence in the Bath Tub of Louisiana. She strength and resourcefulness win an Oscar for best actress. Sad and enlightening, i was ready to fall fast asleep and put the experuence out of mind.
I'd rather be a mango in paradise than a hush puppy in the bath tub. Cultivating compassion as I crawl into bed.
Good Night All



No comments:

Post a Comment