Sunday, February 10, 2013

Saturday

Begins. Meditation on the power behind the wave action and the surge of my beating Heart sending blood to nourish and each so salty. Feeling the immensity and majesty of God.
Breakfast is a green smoothie, handfuls of Asian micro greens, a banana and pineapple and ginger. Dan isn't quite accustomed to the green taste, but drinks up, knowing it is nutrient dense Goodness! More brown rice, the cinnamon and sugar with soy milk. This is a day of eating it all up.
My last yoga class is at 11:00. Sa teaches and I see her shine, the Love flowing out! So beautiful to see her blossom over the years:)
Home at 1, I cook up some lentils with carrot celery and onion and we grill a Mahi Mahi filet. It is our first lunch at home and we eat it up adding the end of the greens, peas and grated beet.
We are interested in getting to a beach as quickly as possible! And the winner is Anini! It has a protective reef and feels the friendliest this time of year. My swimsuit hasn't made it's appearance here yet;) I add.
The beach is populated, our first settle doesn't work because the beach is not deep enough and the waves and creeping too close. We move to the next cove pretty near a young Starlet reading. As quiet as we are, she won't even know we are near;) Dan forgot his book in our haste to get here, and so dozes happily. I am stretched our, belly down, ear buds exhorting Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Eat to Live! Suddenly, yes suddenly a wave cover both of us and my belongings are floating away. Scrambling to get up and collect my beach bag and shies and sand covered baseball cap, I rise to all fours. Time to go! My dripping phone is thankfully. Attached to my ears still! Whew!
As glad as I am that I have my iPhone, possession does not assure it will work again. Once home it goes into a bag of black beans hopefully to dry out. The sand in the plug makes it impassible to charge. All evening it has speech outbursts, Dan says it has Turrets Syndrome!
We shower and await Mike and Nancy's arrival. They join us for a Mark West Chardonnay and pupus just after six. It is so nice sitting outdoors as the evening settles around us and holds us in BLESSING. Nancy brings me earrings from their Peru trip.
We leave for Bar Acuda just before 7 and are lucky to get a quiet table in the back. A gecko scrambles across the tabletop! We order from the tapas menu:
Green Beans crisp
Roasted beets with chevre
Pizzetta
Scallop atop mashed potato
Gnochi With hazelnut and sage
We enjoy each other so much! I never want our time to end. But it does and they drop us off at our home here. Mike leaves to car to give us kisses and long hugs, Nancy and I always kiss one another. No telling when we'll meet again. We all lead such interesting lives;)
Dan and I settle down for a nightcap and it's time to slumber happily. My phone is still grumbling to itself as we fall asleep.
Sweet Dreams and Mahalo Kauai:)
Love, suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment